Gaza, May 19 (IANS) Fouad Yahya, a resident of the Gaza Strip, had never expected that one day a fish will help treat his skin disease, a therapy that he learnt about via the internet.
“I smiled as I inserted both of my feet in a vessel filled with warm freshwater containing dozens of Garra Rufa fish, a toothless kind of fish used for such kind of therapy,” Xinhua quoted him as saying.
“I relaxed as the fish started to nibble at the dead skin of my feet, a process that activated the blood cycle in my feet,” said Yahia.
The man said he had heard about “Doctor Fish” but had never imagined he would be treated with such therapy.
The Garra Rufa fish, which eats dead skin of the human bodies, is used for treating various kinds of dermatological diseases such as psoriasis and eczema.
Alaa Abu Ghali, a Palestinian specialist in alternative medicine from Rafah town, told Xinhua that he had used Apitherapy to treat different diseases until he travelled to Asian countries and brought back “Doctor Fish” to Gaza.
“I read much about ‘Doctor Fish’ which treats many kinds of skin diseases besides being used for making skin massage. I decided to open the first clinic in Palestine to treat people with ‘Doctor Fish,’” said Abu Ghali.
Ahmad Ali, a 34-year-old Gaza man who suffers psoriasis, sat in a reception room of a dermatology clinic in Rafah town waiting for his turn.
Ali told Xinhua that this was his second visit the clinic. “I had lost every possible hope to treat myself… After having the first fish therapy session, I got great results.”
After the Hamas seized control of the Gaza Strip in the summer of 2007, Israel imposed a tight blockade on the enclave banning the entrance of various kinds of medical products to Gaza, including different types of materials used for alternative medication.
View original post here:
Fish therapy makes its way into Gaza
- 5 BROKEN CAMERAS (A TAKE ON THE APARTHEID IN GAZA/PALESTINE) – Video – May 19th, 2013
- Egypt shuts Gaza crossing: Egyptian police close Rafah border in protest at abductions – Video – May 18th, 2013
- Smugglers Bring KFC into the Gaza Strip – May 18th, 2013
- TOMMY LEE – Teaching a white man to say sparta n do Gaza sign – MAY 2013 – Video – May 18th, 2013
- Did You Know Boycott Israeli apartheid – Video – May 18th, 2013
- Egypt closes Gaza border in protest at Islamist kidnapping of Egyptian police and troops – Video – May 18th, 2013
- Fast food smugglers: KFC chicken meals delivered to Gaza customers via tunnel from Egypt – Video – May 18th, 2013
- RE:Hot Chicken: Gaza Smugglers Offer KFC – Video – May 17th, 2013
- Egypt police close Gaza border to protest kidnap – May 17th, 2013
- Gaza business smuggles in KFC from Egypt – May 17th, 2013
- Protesting Egyptian police block Gaza crossing – May 17th, 2013
- KFC smugglers: Kentucky Fried Chicken bargain buckets smuggled through tunnels into Gaza – Video – May 17th, 2013
- Gaza: les amateurs de KFC se font livrer par l’Egypte – Video – May 17th, 2013
- Egypt police seal border with Gaza – May 17th, 2013
- ???????? ?? ??? ??? ??????? KFC IN GAZA – Video – May 17th, 2013
- Buckets of KFC smuggled into Gaza – May 17th, 2013
- Angry Egyptian policemen close crossing with Gaza – May 17th, 2013
- Delivering KFC to Gaza: not fast, but satisfying – May 16th, 2013
- Underground Tunnels Feed Gaza’s Hankering For KFC – May 16th, 2013
- Erdogan plans Gaza visit for June, will also go to West Bank – May 16th, 2013
- Gaza: We will keep coming back – May 16th, 2013
- KFC to go comes to Gaza… by tunnel – May 16th, 2013
- ICC to investigate Israel over 2010 Gaza flotilla raid which left a number of Turks dead – Video – May 16th, 2013
- Palestinians march in Gaza to mark 65th Nakba day – Video – May 16th, 2013
- Gaza gastronomy in a refugee camp – May 15th, 2013
- Israel Under Attack: Gaza rocket slams into southern Israel – Video – May 15th, 2013
- Chris Hedges on the Gaza Massacre It is not a war. It is murder. – Video – May 15th, 2013
- KFC smugglers bring buckets of chicken through Gaza tunnels – May 15th, 2013
- Gaza militants fire into southern Israel: police – May 15th, 2013
- Skateboarding: Gaza’s newly established leisure sport – Video – May 15th, 2013
- Latest World News – Palestinians march in Gaza to mark 65th Nakba day – Video – May 15th, 2013
- Vybz Kartel | Aidonia | Gaza Slim – Revel Riddim Mix – May 2013 | @GazaPriiinceEnt – Video – May 15th, 2013
- Experts Say Prize-Winning Photo Of Gaza Funeral Is Authentic – May 14th, 2013
- P Diesel Aka Gaza P -Wavey Ones video 2013 HD – Video – May 14th, 2013
- ICC prosecutor opens initial probe into Gaza flotilla – May 14th, 2013
- Gaza Sky Geeks: Supporting tech entrepreneurs in the Gaza Strip – May 13th, 2013
- Palestinians unite behind Gaza Strip “Arab Idol” star – May 13th, 2013
- Fahmi Suwaidi (Solidaritas Gaza – May 13th, 2013
- Gaza girls rdx kotch – Video – May 13th, 2013
- Complete News – Palestinians denounce visit of Qatari-backed cleric to Gaza – Video – May 13th, 2013
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,
or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of
speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to
assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.”
Under the ‘fair use’ rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author’s work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner’s exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
“Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: