It is normal to lose up to fifty scalp hairs a day as the follicles go through their cycles. However, if enough follicles tail to produce new hairs after the old ones have been shed, or if the hair produced is weak and brittle, noticeable thinning and /or loss of hair can result. This process often takes many years, usually beginning in late thirties or early forties, although it may begin as early as the mid-twenties or even the late teens, in some cases. The exact mechanism that causes this is not completely understood, but it is known that both hereditary factors and sex hormones are involved. In particular, high levels of the hormone testosterone. If you suffer from hair thinning or hair loss, try the natural hair loss remedies listed below.
Caution: Sudden hair loss can be a sign of serious health changes and should be discussed with a competent health professional.
Natural hair loss remedies
Natural kidney tonics such as black and kidney beans, chia seeds, black sesame seeds, wild rice, and sun cured olives, all rich sources of trace minerals can help reverse hair loss
Kelp and onion
Eat silicon-rich foods such as kelp and onions. Also eat the outer (organic) skin of cucumbers and red peppers for their high silica content a nutrient needed for healthy hair.
Eat Foods to build spleen/pancreas qi
Following foods can help build spleen/pancreas qi, so eat them frequently to revers hair loss:
- Brown rice
- Sweet rice and mochi (pounded sweet rice)
- Root vegetables, such as carmls, mtabagas, parsnips, ginger, turnips, and onions
- Winter squash
- Black beans
- Black pepper
Build or strengthen the blood
Eat foods that build or strengthen your blood, when consumed daily, can prevent hair loss for many:
- Seaweed (wakame. arame. hiziki),
- Whole grains
- Nuts and seeds
- Leafy green vegetables
Avoid these foods to stop hair loss
Avoid cold drinks, sugar and animal fats. Animal protein, raw foods, and fruit, especially citrus fruits should be consumed in moderation. Tomatoes, Tofu, Millet, Salt should be avoided
In the West they are viewed as a general tonic for the whole system The Chinese view them as having tonic action on the kidneys. liver, and blood. Mulberry are claimed to target and affect the scalp skin, thereby balancing the metabolism of hair follicles, activating cells of the hair papilla, improving blood circulation, increasing nutrition supply, recovering autoimmune regulation, relieving dysfunction of hair follicles and restoring the function of hair follicles. preventing hair loss. and in the end make the hair regrow
Colloidal oatmeal is effective in protecting and repairing skin and hair damaged from UV radiation. smoke. bacteria and free radicals.
Raspberry and blackberry
leaves make a tea that is good for kidney qi.
Dermal hammer (also called seven star needle and plum-blossom needle) is an acupuncture tool with a long handle and a head that contains small individual acupuncture needles. The needles are dull. By lightly tapping the scalp, especially in the areas of baldness, the needles can stimulate the qi in the scalp and follicles, either by gently massaging them or by creating small punctures in the scalp and thus infusing the dermal layer of the scalp with life energy.
The dermal hammer is not painful; instead, it provides a gentle massage that can be quite pleasurable (unless one strikes oneself t00 hard, of course).
Onion or garlic rub
If the hair roots are still alive. rubbing a clove of garlic or a piece of onion (preferably when sleeping alone!) over the scalp before bed increases circulation and encourages hair growth. The scalp can be first warmed with a steaming towel to be even more effective. Shampoo and condition in the morning.
Castor oil and onion
Mix castor oil with equal amounts of fresh onion juice and apply to scalp, cover with a scarf or shower cap and leave it on overnight. Shampoo your hair in the morning. Do this for two consecutive weeks.
Applying tincture of cayenne to the balding area of the scalp also increases circulation and stimulates hair growth. Keep it away from the eyes and mouth.
Aloe vera gel
Aloe vera gel, from fresh cut aloe vera can be applied to the scalp until it tingles fully. This stimulates the hair follicles and promotes thick. full hair.
Herbal tea for hair growth
Many herbs have been used to improve hair growth and diminish hair loss. For all of these herbs, mix a blend of your choice and drink three cups of tea from them daily:
- Nettles and out straw. with their high mineral content. are good For women and men with hair loss.
- Burdock root is a nutritive herb that helps break up fatty deposits that can obstruct body functions, including hair growth.
- Horse-tail is rich in the minerals silica and selenium. which helps promote good scalp circulation.
- Rosemary improves circulation to the scalp and all other parts of the body.
- Licorice root prevents testosterone from becoming dihydrotestosterone, which is a substance believed to damage hair follicles, thus curbing hair loss in men.
- Saw palmetto also prevents the conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone.
- Zinc is a mineral required for hair development. Take 30 mg daily‘ along with 3 mg of copper.
- Natural progesterone cream can be helpful for women with low levels, particularly women in menopause.
- Enzymes improve the absorption of foods and nutrients. Take a fullspectrum complex with each meal.
- Take a high-potency multivitamin daily to provide a base of the nutrients required for healthy hair.
- A B-complex supplement combats the effects of stress and contains vitamins in the B family that contribute to healthy hair. Take a 50 mg complex twice daily.
- A greens formula that includes super green foods, such as chlorella, spirulina. barley. and wheat-grass, provides a host of hair-healthy nutrients. Take as directed on the container‘
- A vitamin B12 deficiency may be at lhe root of hair loss. Take as part of a B complex or take 200 to 400 mcg daily.
Rosemary oil will stimulate hair growth, Take a few minutes before a shampoo to rub some into your hair and scalp.
Exercise increases circulation everywhere, including the scalp. Walk daily.
Homeopathy for hair loss
Pick the remedy that best matches your symptoms in this section. Take a 6x, 12X, 6C. 126, or 30C potency twice daily for two weeks to see if there are any positive results After you notice improvement. stop taking the remedy, unless symptoms return. Consultation with a homeopathic practitioner is advised.
- Arsenicum Album is helpful when hair loss is the result of stress. The person is very fearful and restless.
- lgnatia (Ignatia amara) is for hair loss that comes on with acute grief or an emotional trauma.
- Lycopodium (Lycopodium clavatum) is for premature balding and graying of the hair. People who require this remedy often have digestive problems and crave sweets.
- Alumina 200x or 200c
- is for hair that falls out and a scalp that is itchy and dry. The skin and mucous membranes also are dry, and you may have throbbing headaches accompanied by constipation. Take one dose of Alumina 200x or 200C three times a week. Stop for two weeks, then repeat.
- Natrum muriaticum
- is for hair loss accompanied by a craving for salt. You may have blinding headaches in the morning that feel as if a thousand little hammers were knocking on your brain. if you are a woman, menstrual periods are likely to be profuse and irregular, Take one dose of Nahum muriaticum 200x or 200c twice a week. Stop for one week, then repeat.
- Phosphoricum acidum
- helps with thinning of hair, often accompanied by debility and fatigue that are worse with exertion. Your hair probably grayed relatively early in life. Take one dose of Phosphoricum acidum 30x or 15c three times daily for three days. Stop for two weeks, then repeat.
- Sepia is helpful when there is a hormone imbalance-related hair loss as seen during menopause or after using the birth control pill.
- Silica (Silicea) is helpful when there has been a chronic illness, accompanied by hair loss. The hair is brittle, and the person tends to be thin, chilly, and easily fatigued.
Herbal hair loss treatment
- Saw palmetto has been reported to cause some reversal of male pattern baldness in some cases. Choose a standardized extract containing 90 percent essential fatty acids.
- Fo-ti (Polygonum multiflorum) is a Chinese herb that many men have used in tea form to arrest hair loss and slow graying. It is available in Shou Wu Shih, an inexpensive product available in many Chinese markets that sell herbal remedies. Take any of these formulas as directed on the product label.
- Chinese Medicine Psoralea seeds: Eat 3 to 9 grams of the seeds daily. A study examining the effects of psoralea extracts and exposure to ultraviolet light in forty five bald men found that, within six months, hair was completely restored in 36 percent of the cases and there was a significant restoration in another 30 percent.
- Oyster and clam shell. crushed or whole, can be purchased at Chinese herb stores. Crush and decoct into a tea to increase kidney qi.
Be gentle to your hair. When it‘s wet. use a wide-toothed comb to separate the strands, or, if possible, let your hair dry completely before combing it into place. Do not use a blow dryer, and don’t dye your hair or use bleach on it. If you want to pull your hair back, do so loosely, and use a special coated elastic that won‘t grip the individual strands and pull them out.
Sleep is essential for hair renewal and growth. Try to get eight hours a night. or more. if that‘s what your body needs‘
View original post: Natural hair loss remedies – Five Remedies