For decades, the hair care industry has made remarkable strides in the prevention and treatment of male pattern baldness, a type of hair loss condition that affects millions of men across the globe.
The leading cause of male pattern baldness, or androgenetic alopecia, is the hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a compound produced by the interaction of the male hormone, testosterone, and the enzyme, 5-alpha reductase. DHT’s key function is to develop the primary sex characteristics of men while still in the embryo and then to later develop secondary sex characteristics during adolescence.
While DHT continues to play an important role in sexual functions, it can also induce the onset o f hair loss and hair thinning conditions among men. This occurs when DHT obstructs the hair follicles, thereby weakening the hair bulbs and deteriorating the hair roots. The miniaturization process, or the shrinking of the hair follicles, produces smaller and finer hair strands that may lead to a receding hairline. What’s worse is that when the over production of DHT in the scalp is not prevented, it might cause the dormancy or the death of the hair follicles.
To prevent balding conditions in men, it is advisable to take necessary steps to decrease the level of DHT in the scalp with the aid of DHT blockers or inhibitors. With products that help stop DHT attachment in the scalp, the hair follicles can develop healthily; hence, producing fuller, thicker and shinier hair strands. Moreover, by hampering the over production of DHT, the hair follicles are given a good environment to develop healthily through enhanced blood circulation and appropriate nourishment.
Today, DHT blockers are viewed as one of the best hair loss treatments for men. These are designed to counteract the effects of DHT on the hair follicles and promote optimum scalp conditions for hair healthier hair growth. Generally, commercial DHT Blockers come in the form of topical solutions like gels, lotions, serums and shampoos.
The best hair loss treatments for men also contain herbal ingredients that are excellent DHT inhibitors. Here are four (4) of the best herbal DHT blockers out there:
- Green Tea — a powerful antioxidant that controls the level of DHT in the scalp. Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) is the most vital antioxidant found in green tea since it helps increase hair follicle elongation and strengthens proliferation of dermal papilla cells, thereby promoting hair regrowth.
- Pygeum — an excellent DHT inhibitor that is rich in natural fatty acids and phytosterols that obstructs the conversion of testosterone into is harsher form, which is DHT.
- Saw Palmetto — a potent anti-androgen that blocks the 5-alpha reductase enzymes from combining with testosterone, thereby reducing DHT levels in the scalp.
- Stinging Nettle — an herb that contains properties that improve blood circulation, thereby making it an efficient hair regrowth stimulator. Stinging nettle also helps treat Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) which has the same root cause as hereditary hair loss, which is DHT.
You might also be interested in:
- Female Pattern Baldness and Its Treatment
- Laser Hair Loss Therapy
- Hair Laser Regrowth Therapy
- Find the Nearest Leimo Resellers in your Area
- Leimo Laser Comb
- Leimo Hair Clinic in a Box
- Leimo Laser Comb for Women Hair Loss
- Leimo Hair Clinic in a Box for Women Hair Loss
If you would like to link to article sheet on your website, simply copy the code below and add it to your page or Share this with a Friend: http://www.leimo.com.au/hair-loss-treatments/the-best-hair-loss-treatments-for-men-are-herbal-dht-blockers.html
Leimo is the world-leader in home-based Hair Regrowth treatments and is on a mission to help millions of people put hair loss behind them. Regrow your hair today in the privacy and convenience of your own home and join our other satisfied users.