Alopecia is the medical term for hair loss. There are several patterns of natural and disease related hair loss. Hair loss may also be caused by several drugs and medications.
Types of hair loss and symptoms
- The commonest type of hair loss is male-pattern baldness. This type of hair loss is typically caused by the effects of hormones. This is also termed androgenic or androgenetic alopecia as the cause lies in androgens of male sex hormones. There is a pattern of receding hairline along with thinning of hair over the crown.
- Female pattern baldness – there is thinning of hair over the top of the head.
- Alopecia areata – this is also termed patchy baldness as there are patches of baldness that come and go. This may commonly affect teenagers and young adults but may affect a person of any age. Alopecia areata is commonly caused due to a problem in the immune system. The condition may sometimes run in families.
- Scarring alopecia – this is mainly caused after a scar over the skin. This type of alopecia is called cicatricial alopecia. The hair follicles that hold the roots of the hair may be completely destroyed. This means that the hair would not grow back at the areas affected. Some diseases and disorders also cause scarring alopecia. These include lichen planus, injury, discoid lupus etc.
- Anagen effluvium is a more widespread hair loss that may affect the whole body apart from the scalp. This is caused most commonly due to cancer chemotherapy.
- Telogen effluvium – leads to thinning of hair all over the body rather than baldness in patches. This may be the result of stress of some medications.
What you can do naturally, that works:
Intramax–is an all-in-one liquid nutritional supplement containing over 415 ingredients. With just one ounce a day, intraMAX delivers over 80 vitamin sources, 33 super greens, 154 antioxidants, 62 fruits and vegetables, and more. These essential ingredients create the perfect blend to help build and maintain overall health. intraMAX is the premium choice for patients wishing to achieve optimal health and wellness.
jojoba oil can be applied directly to your hair or you can add a few drops to your favorite conditioner to promote hair growth. Jojoba is hypoallergenic and will not harm your hair or scalp.
Stinging Nettle found growing naturalized across America, blocks the conversion of testosterone into DHT. Excessive DHT contributes to hair loss in both men and women.
Saw palmetto recent scientific studies have shown that Saw Palmetto may have beneficial effects for those suffering from male pattern baldness and other conditions associated with excess DHT (male hormone) production.
Burdock root, is one of the most important herbs used to restore hair. Burdock promotes healthy hair by relieving scalp irritations and improving blood circulation to the hair follicle. Burdock root supplies natural phytosterols and important essential fatty acids to hair roots, and has been traditionally used to reduce and reverse hair thinning. It is a key ingredient in many hair restoration treatments.
Kombucha Mushroom Tea, A hair strengthener and actually stimulates the action of the “hair bulbs” to help prevent loss of hair.
Nice Bones (cal-mag) the majority of North American adults are deficient in the essential bone building nutrients calcium, magnesium and vitamin D. While most of our dietary intake of calcium ends up in bones, it can’t get there without with adequate magnesium. New research also highlights the role of vitamin D for proper bone formation.
Truman’s Super Green Foods Super Green Foods w/Herbs (Super Veggie Powder) gives you a convenient way to get the nutritional benefits of organic vegetables in your diet. Rich in chlorophyll, amino acids, vitamins, minerals, beta carotene, DNA, RNA and enzymes. It is an excellent source of dietary fiber as well.
Bones, Nails, Teeth Strengthener This formula is very high in silica and other minerals that help to nourish bones, teeth, weak or brittle fingernails and hair – including split ends. It also helps with one’s circulation.
Make sure EVERYONE is drinking plenty of clean water, a minimum of 64 oz per day. This will rehydrate your organs and help the toxins to flush.
See original: Alopecia-Hair loss | Bishop Dr.Truman Berst