Kidney stone has become a widespread urologic disorder these days. Tiny stones pass out through urine, but if stones are larger in size, they may even require surgery for removal. Human body consists of two bean shaped kidneys located below ribs, towards the back of the body, on either side of spine. Kidneys filter waste and surplus water from blood, and help in excreting it in the form of urine.
Kidneys help in maintaining a perfect balance of salts in blood. Urine passes from kidneys to ureters, two urine carrying ducts projecting from each kidney. Through ureters, urine reaches urinary bladder, a urine collecting sac in lower abdomen. The bladder walls expand to accommodate urine and contract when urine is expelled through the urethra, an opening at the lower end of the bladder. This article briefly describes the major causes, symptoms and herbal remedies for kidney stones.
1. Family history
2. Certain food items
3. Urinary tract infection
4. Blockage of urinary tract
5. Cystic kidney disease
6. Inherited disorder called hypercalciuria.
7. Uric acid metabolism disorder called hyperuricosuria.
8. Metabolic disorders like hyperparathyroidism, cystinuria, hyperoxaluria.
9. Excess intake of Vitamin D
11. Intake of water pills, calcium based antacids, medicines for HIV.
12. Chronic bowel inflammation
13. Intestinal bypass surgery.
1. Sharp pain in lower abdomen, back and around groins
4. Passage of blood in urine
5. Difficulty in passing urine
6. Frequent urination urgency
7. Nausea and vomiting
8. Burning sensation while urinating.
Herbal Remedies for Kidney Stone Removal
1. One may take a mixture made by boiling 25 gm asparagus root, fennel bulb, parsley root and celery in 600 ml water. This is a magical drink to prevent stone.
2. Cramp bark reduces urinary tract spasms and has diuretic properties. It helps in stone removal from kidney.
3. The herb horsetail removes kidney stones effectively. It is an effective herbal remedy for stone removal.
4. Saint John’s Wort is also quite beneficial in flushing out stones.
5. Stinging nettle checks bleeding during urination and removes stones from kidneys.
6. Yarrow and Shepherd’s purse help in dissolving stones.
7. Dandelion root tea is very useful. It dilates urethra and helps in easy expelling of kidney stones.
8. Red clover blossoms help in grinding stones.
9. Cranberries are effective in melting stones.
10. Rosemary is an efficient stone removing herb.
11. Bilberry also helps in eliminating stones from kidney.
12. Kid Clear capsule is an effective herbal supplement for dissolving kidney stones and gallbladder stones without causing any side effects.
Hope this article will help you in treating kidney stone problem naturally.