Mole or nevus is a general term to describe several spots or blemishes that may occur on the skin. Moles are of vastly different kinds – in some people the moles may be of the color of the skin itself, while in others they could be red, tan, brown or even black. Moles could be tiny spots on the skin, or they could be large warty outgrowths on the skin. Some moles could be present from birth (typically known as birthmarks), while some could appear later on in life due to specific circumstances.
Generally, moles are not dangerous. Almost all people of the world have moles on their skins at different places. But in rare instances, moles can turn into melanomas, which are cancerous tumors on the skin. Such cancerous moles will undergo various changes in their appearance. Their color will darken. Such moles need to be surgically or cosmetically removed. Moles that are constantly irritated by clothes, belts, buckles and shoes have a high chance of getting converted into melanomas, and so also moles that are exposed too much to the hot sun could become cancerous. But these are rare incidences. Only if there is some inexplicable change in the shape, size or color of the mole would you need medical attention.
Moles can actually be used to one’s advantage. People like Cindy Crawford and Madonna flaunt their moles and use it as a means to increase their sex appeal. However, moles can be ungainly on some people. For people who want to remove their moles by non-surgical methods, there are various options available.
(1) Useful Herbs in the Treatment of Moles
1. Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale)
Dandelion is extremely effective in the removal of warty moles. The root of the dandelion must be rubbed on the mole till the time its juices exude and smear the mole completely. Repeating this twice or thrice a day helps to remove the moles.
2. Flaxseed or Linseed (Linus usitatissimum)
Flaxseed has been used since traditional times for the treatment of moles. It is directly applied over the moles in a particular manner. Within a few days the moles do disappear.
3. Garlic (Allium sativum)
Garlic is also a good remedy for moles. It is crushed into a paste and applied on the moles for a few days.
4. Onion (Allium cepa)
Some warty moles can disappear when the juice of an onion bulb is rubbed over them. However this method is not guaranteed and may work only on smaller moles.
(2) Dietary Treatments for Moles
Potassium is very beneficial to people who wish to get rid of their moles. Apples contain a high proportion of potassium, especially in the form of apple cider vinegar. Other fruits that contain potassium are avocado, cantaloupe, bananas and grapefruit. Potatoes, lima beans, kidney beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach are also good sources of potassium.
There is no relation that any kind of food increases moles in people. Hence, there are no dietary contra-indications for moles.
(3) Home Remedies for Moles
1. Prepare a mixture of finely ground flaxseed in flaxseed oil. Add a dash of raw honey to the mixture. Apply this on the moles everyday. Within a couple of weeks, the moles fade and disappear.
2. Cut a pineapple and apply its fresh juice on the moles. Repeat this several times in a day. This is a quick method to get rid of the moles. Within just a couple of days, the moles will diminish and fade out.
3. The above method can also be done with the juice of a fresh fig instead of a pineapple.
4. Put a single drop of grapefruit juice on a cloth and tie it like a bandage on the mole. Change the bandage every five to six hours.
5. The juice of cauliflower can help the moles to drop off, especially if they are thicker warty moles. Apply the juice of a single cauliflower floret several times a day onto the mole. In about two to three days, the mole will likely fall off from the skin.
6. Honey by itself has curative properties to remove moles. Apply some honey onto the moles each morning.
7. Prepare a mixture of powder of dried and roasted pomegranate peel and juice of a lemon. Apply this mixture onto the moles for a few days in succession. The moles will eventually fade out and vanish, or they will directly fall off the skin.
8. If you already have moles, and do not wish to remove them, then be sure not to irritate the moles with your clothing or even by excessive exposure to the sun. If you do so, there is a risk that the mole will become cancerous. However if there is some definite change in the mole, then it is on its way to becoming cancerous. It must be removed immediately.
No related posts.
See original: What Is A Skin Mole Treatment | MoleswartsCure-web.com