Eczema is a skin problem that causes the skin to become dry and irritated with blisters appearing over a period of time. This is a nagging trouble when it occurs in children. There is lot of irritation and children get into the habit of scratching the inflamed region and this further aggravates the problem.
While medication and treatment can help there are some simple natural eczema treatment for children that can provide constant and long term relief. Some of the options that one can try are given below.
Natural Eczema Treatment for Children :-
1) First thing to remember is to keep the child well moistured.
It is best to make use of natural moisturizer such as olive oil or coconut oil on the affected area and massage it so that it gets well absorbed into the skin.
2) It is also important that children have bathe everyday with a mild anti bacterial soap so that all the germs and bacterial infections are kept at bay and the symptoms of eczema come down gradually.
3) Even cold water compressions on the inflamed and itchy skin give a lot of relief and can be done safely several times a day to get relief within a few days of time.
4) It is also necessary that the child suffering from eczema is well hydrated as dehydration leads to skin dryness and whereby the symptoms of itching and redness make it even worse.
5) Another important factor that contributes to eczema in children is the diet.
Many children have a very sensitive digestion where certain foods such as eggs, milk or soy based products have a reaction.
Children start to have rashes and itching that triggers of eczema and therefore such foods should be avoided. During these times giving a diet rich in vitamin C such as citrus fruits etc should be given to alleviate the symptoms of eczema in children.
With all these natural remedies that have been suggested above it is important to remember that each child has a different body constitution. So the parent should try something new in a small way and introduce the child to it gradually.
When some new remedies are introduced all of a sudden the child may develop allergies that again turn out hard to go. It is also advisable to conduct some allergy tests for the child before confirming the real cause and factors for trigger of eczema so that those factors can be avoided.